Home → How do I... → Common Tasks → Take a Screen Shot (Windows XP)
1.1. Take a Screen Shot (Windows XP)
To take a screen shot and save it as a picture
- Click the window you want to capture. Press Alt+Print Screen by holding down the Alt key and then pressing the Print Screen key. The Print Screen key is near the upper-right corner of your keyboard. (Depending on the type of keyboard you have, the exact key names on your keyboard may vary slightly.)
Note: You can take a screen shot of your entire desktop rather than just a single window by pressing the Print Screen key without holding down the Alt key.
- Click Start, click Accessories, and then click Paint.
- In the Paint window, click Edit, and then click Paste.
- When the image appears in the Paint window, click File, and then click Save As.
- In the Save As dialog box, in the File name box, type a name for the screen shot, and then click Save.
You can now print or email the saved screen shot just like you would any other picture.
This page was: Helpful | Not Helpful